Ravindra Agrawal – Reflection of the book “Eat that frog” – By Brian Tracy.
This book is all about discipline yourself to avoid procrastination and enhance the quality and quantity of your work in lesser time.
I learned several strategies for avoiding procrastination, set goals, make action plan and follow the same in a disciplined manner.
However, I also felt that this book was unnecessarily lengthy as many repetitions were their in context of topic, lines, word and even paragraphs.
Here are some key takeaways of mine.
1. 7 steps from chapter one. These seven steps are really helpful to start with the journey to achieve any goal of the professional or personal life.
2. 6 “P” formula – Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
3. 80/20 rule.
4. Three important questions to enhance the productivity. 1. “What are my highest value activities?” 2. “What can I and only I do that if done well will make a real difference?” 3. “What is the most valuable use of my time right now?”
5. ABCED strategy to prioritize work and learn to say NO.
6. Avoid procrastination and learned to be disciplined to become more focused.