Reflection of Eat that frog.
Title of the book: Eat that frog.
Author: Brian Tracy
The genre of the book: Self-help
“Your ‘frog’ is your biggest, most important task, the one you are most likely to procrastinate on if you don’t do something about it.”
“The first rule of frog eating is: If you have to eat two frogs, eat the ugliest one first.”
“Continually remind yourself that one of the most important decisions you make each day is what you will do immediately and what you will do later if you do it at all.”
“The second rule of frog eating is: If you have to eat a live frog at all, it doesn’t pay to sit and look at it for very long.”
“The key to reaching high levels of performance and productivity is to develop the lifelong habit of tackling your major task first thing each morning.”
Personal opinion about the book: The book has many strategies to stop procrastination and complete all the important tasks within the time limit. Such as
1. Think on paper
2. 7 steps from the chapter are really helpful to start with the journey to achieve any goal of the professional or personal life. 3. 6 “P” formula – Proper Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.
4. ABCED strategy to prioritize work.
5. 3 D’s Decision, Discipline, and determination.
6. Start eliminating things from your list that have no/less value.
7. 80/20 rule.
Should people read this book ?: Yes. I think it is very useful to learn time management skills.
1. One needs to be physically and mentally healthy to be successful. He should be optimistic.
2. Keep updating your knowledge and skills.
3. Break your huge task into chunks and focus to complete them one by one.
4. Write your goals and also the action plan.